Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Germs and flu hype

So yesterday I took the kids to storytime at the library like we often do and thoroughly enjoy on Mondays. "Miss" Donna is so fabulous with the kids! They sing, do a craft, obviously listen to books read, and watch a short tv show on the subject all within 45 minutes. It's incredibly entertaining!!! Yesterday focused on Halloween and the kids even wore their costumes. Such fun!!! Anyhow, each week afterwards, we go and read books on our own, play on the computer and have books read to us, do puzzles, and usually leave with our own selection of books to read for the week that we decided to check out. This time we checked out a Spider-Man video. Onward, my son really likes the computer part and putting on the headphones to hear a Dr. Suess book or something along those lines read to him while pictures flash across the screen. Well, those who know me know I'm not too concerned with the condition of my house and the clutter and whatnot. Or the appearance of my car. Or myself often. This doesn't mean I'm not clean or that I'm a germaphobe. Our personal stuff is just that...BUT, things that are touched by the public masses usually warrant a twing of panic from me. Gas pumps, public pay phones, water fountains, door knobs, definitely most definitely public restrooms, you name it...creep me out a bit. I use a lot of hand sanitizer needless to say. So, i wonder if the other moms and people in the library thought I was a head case and looney parent when I pulled out my small bottle of Purell and disinfected the headphones before my son used them and the keyboard full of who knows what. I mean, this is the flu season and all the talk of regular flu and swine flu right now...well, who cares what other might have thought of me at the moment. I don't want a case of lice either if I can prevent it. For now, there is no kachoo-ing in the house. I'm sure it'll probably happen sooner rather than later and I'll let you know, but for now, we'll just keep the supply of sanitizer readily available and go about our merry way! Hope each of you are feeling well!

No comments:

Post a Comment