Wednesday, October 21, 2009

When You Wish Upon A Star

Oh how tired I am right now and oh how I should be taking a nap with my two sweet little boys, yet I find myself delving right into this new form of communicating for myself. You may wonder why I'm so tired. Well, aside from the fact that I'm one of those people that like a full 9 hours of uninterrupted sleep, by which I never fully get, I also have two very active little boys that factor into why I say I suffer chronically with sleep deprivation. I'll get more into possible health related issues in the future of why I also am quite tired the majority of the time. But back to what this blog is about....where was I at 2:30 am? Well, I was sitting on my porch gazing at the Orionid meteor shower, and well...wishing upon a star. It was pure silence in my neighborhood with the exception of nearby crickets singing their songs. Now let me just say, this is unusual. We have a neighborhood full of outside dogs that bark continually throughout the night. But this morning was so dreamy and magical and pure. I was only out there for less than 10 minutes. Probably 9...ahahaa Suffice it to say, I would have been most pleased to have just seen one star. Instead...I saw 9! This was fascinating to me that in my allotted time I was giving myself before returning to bed, I saw 9. Isn't there a lot of significance with the number 9? Aside from it being the last what would you call it...single digit of the decimal system (?!?...many moons have passed since my last math class sadly) I believe it is also a revered and respected number amongst many religions. Feel free to correct me on this or talk amongst yourselves if you'd like...that is why we blog, correct? My Christian friends...there is the nine choir of angels you know? Anyhow, on with the show....I had two of my four cats on the porch with me. Maybe they felt the power of the nine stars shooting as well. They do say a cat has nine lives. None of this matters. What mattered to me at that moment though was I was on cloud nine wishing on those very stars!!! Wonder if Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails saw these very nine stars....hmmm...just a thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment